necromancer in training + his pets
DISCLAIMER: I was going to make this “how to draw archery”, but that would probably have taken the rest of my life. This is all stuff I’ve learned from practicing archery in the past, and the tips I’ve given should translate to many, if…
Sorry for the repeat but the other one was acting weird.
|—||Caitlin R. Kiernan, “The Drowning Girl.” (via sexonadeathbed)|
Since it was Munday, I decided to do a small art reference project for myself. And then I decided to make it public with the following notes.
From Left to Right, Top to Bottom:
What NOT to do (front):
- Don’t chicken wing your arms! Although it might be easier to hold the rifle, you will make yourself a bigger target.
- Don’t close your one eye! You will lose your depth perception, which is crucial when you are on the move, or are trying to determine how far away your target is
- Don’t keep your legs haphazardly strewn about. You need to make sure you’re balanced!
What to do (front)
- Keep both eyes open
- Bend your elbows downwards and towards the ground to make yourself a smaller target
- Bend your knees to control the gun’s recoil + be ready to move.
What NOT to do (side)
- Don’t put the stock above your shoulder
- Don’t lean back.
- Both of the above reduce your control over the weapon and may result in a black eye, and the rifle flying backwards and out of your hands.
What to do (side)
- Bury the stock of the rifle into the meaty part of your shoulder
- Lean into the gun to keep the gun under control when the recoil of the gun kicks the gun upwards or to the side
- Bend your knees slightly to lean forward, as well as make yourself a smaller target
- The soldier is relaxed and is most likely moving around.
- His eyes are searching for possible threats
- His hands are still on the rifle, even if he has a sling on
Low Ready Stance
- Possible threat has been detected
- Entire body shifts towards threat direction
- Stock is shouldered
- Eyes are focused on the possible target
- Gun barrel is pointed in the target’s general direction, but not directly at the target.
- Immediate response
- Soldier fires off shots while screaming to the other people in his team
- "CONTACT!" or "THREAT!"
We discovered where the Evil League of Evil eats lunch. It’s in Harlem.
HOW DO U SAY I LOVE U
Foxfire — Quiet Landscape
4CHANSEY'S ART SUPPLIES GIVEAWAY
I recently saved up and bought myself a new tablet so I’ve decided to give one of my old ones away along with some of the PROMARKER markers I’ve accumulated!
The winner will receive everything in the photos and I will ship internationally.
I’m looking forward to seeing who the winner of this giveaway is so I can witness them using these supplies and do them justice!
✿ Mbf me
✿ No giveaway blogs!
✿ Must be comfortable giving me your address!
✿ Reblog as many times as you want! Likes do not count but are allowed!
✿ The giveaway will end on the 1/Nov/14 & the winner will be picked with a random generator!GOOD LUCK
|—||Kristin Armstrong (via yourhatemademe)|